E-Governance Initiative in Asansol : Egiye Asansol Program
Asansol Municipal Corporation (AMC), in their quest to embrace digital journey, is in process of setting up foundational governance leveraging ICT infrastructure. To begin with, thrust has been accorded to provide e-service to the citizens.
There has been an increasing recognition of the role of “municipal e-Governance’ to modernize the services being provided to the citizens and this proposed project aims at bringing about transformative changes in this regard.
A need has been felt to achieve the following:
- To improve efficiency and effectiveness in interaction between AMC, its citizens, and other stakeholders, like non-governmental organizations, private sector etc.
- To improve quality of internal local-government operations to support and stimulate good governance
- To bring about transparency and accountability in the governance
- To enhance interface between AMC and its citizens
- To help in improvement of delivery of services to citizens
- To improve revenue collection
In this mission, AMC has launched “Egiye Asansol” program to automate and optimize service delivery processes to its citizens. The project is under implementation and will be operational in the first half of the calendar year 2018. Post implementation, following processes will be automated:
In addition, civic engagement mobile apps and geographical information systems are being implemented to bring civic services to the doorsteps of the citizens of this great city of Asansol.
- Birth & Death certificates
- Trade License
- Building plan Approvals
- Building Completion Certificate
- Mutation Certificate
- Complaint Management
- Property Management and Property Tax
- Project Management
- Water Supply
- Advertisement & Hoarding
- Health Management